EYFS Maths – This comprehensive 37 item maths pack takes parents through what children need to learn in numeracy at school over the two years that children are in the Early Years Foundation Stage, Nursery and Reception Class. A third complete ‘Extension Section’ has been included (aligned to Year 1 expectations) to challenge able children but it can also be used with typically developing children throughout Year 1.
The HSC Maths Pack enables children to learn maths by using a wide variety of hands on ‘manipulatives’ and games. The comprehensive, yet easy to use ‘pick up and go’ guide helps parents to creatively support their child’s maths development by using the resources in fun and interesting ways. Everything a parent needs to know about how and what children learn in school is explained clearly and simply.
Useful parent know-how contained within the guide includes:
- The curriculum – what your child needs to know and be able to do in the EYFS
- Top parent-child interaction and teaching tips (including how to use praise and specific feedback to get the most from your child while they are learning)
- Exactly how to teach/reinforce numeracy at home in a fun multi-sensory way – the guide includes activities in five colour coded sections: Numbers, Using Number Facts; Calculating & Problem Solving; Shape & Space and Measures.
- Monitoring your child’s learning progress using the Maths Home Leaning Diary.
- Motivating and rewarding your child for their learning efforts.
To accompany the guide and pack, be sure to download HSC’s ‘Maths Home Learning Diary’ and also choose a ‘Reward Sticker Chart’ for your child. These downloads are available to parents free with the purchase of the pack.
A one sheet ‘Quick Read Summary’ comes with the guide, so that families wanting to get started straight away, can do so!
Parents can also access the EYFS Maths Home Videos to watch families using HSC packs with their children to support learning in the home.
All in all, this pack provides a great way for families to spend quality time together and at the same time extend their children’s learning over 2-3 academic years!
Contents of pack include: Parent Activity Guide (Number, Shape, Space & Measure); 0-9 inset puzzle; Number puzzle 0-20; 1-20 Number Track; 0-100 Bead String; 0-100 Number Line; 0-100 HTU Flip; 0-100 Flashcards; Counters Pack; Counting castanet; Place Value Arrows (HTU); Beginning sorting set; Number Wheel; Giant Ladybird; Counting Songs CD; Maths Made Easy Numbers 3-5 Workbook; Magnetic Wipeboard, Eraser & wipe-pen; Magnetic Foam Numbers; Hundred Square; Addition/Subtraction Card; Number Fan 0-99; Plastic Money Fan; Unifix Snap Cubes; Cuisenaire Rods; Child’s Split Box; Giant Foam Number Dice; Coloured Spot Dominoes; Maths Made Easy Addition & Subtraction Workbook; My First Calendar; Bead and Pattern Card Sets; Shapes Peg Puzzle; Small 3D Shapes; Clock; Maths Made Easy Shapes Workbook; Maths Made Easy Matching & Sorting Workbook; Ten Green Bottles Game; 6 Maths Board Games Basic.
* Please note the 4 coloured sorting bowls are not included within this pack.